In this episode of the Design Your Lifestyle podcast, we learn about the Tiny House Movement with Will Johnston of Tiny Houses Atlanta.
Here are some of the topics that we covered on the podcast:
- The kinds of lifestyles that people are creating with Tiny Houses
- How small are tiny houses? The square footage of a Tiny House
- When the tiny house movement began
- Micro-Houses are not something to be afraid
- Micro Living and walk able communities
- The range of ages of the tiny house owners
- The difference between camping and living in a tiny house
- How to investigate zoning and restrictions for tiny houses
- Relationships in tiny houses
- Going off the grid with your tiny house
- Adding a tiny house to an existing property
Book that Will Recommends – Walden by Henry David Thoreau (it is free on Kindle)
Will’s Favorite Quote:
“Nothing is as good as it seems… Nothing is as bad as it seems”
from Sir David Putnam (Chariots of Fire)
Learn more about Will Johnston at Tiny House Atlanta
Upcoming Events about the Tiny House Movement
- When: August 26 and 27th, 2017
- Where: Ponce City Market 675 Ponce de Leon Ave., NE, Atlanta, GA
- This 2 day event will bring in some great tiny houses and great opportunities to talk sustainability at Ponce!
- Tiny House Tours
- Speakers Series
- Ponce Flat Tours
- Sustainable Village
- When: September 29 to October 1, 2017
- Where: Decatur Field 358 W Trinity PL, Decatur, GA 30030
- VIP Event– Come spend a wonderful evening with Tiny House Atlanta and honored guests as we share an intimate evening with food, drink and talk around housing innovation and the tiny house movement.
- Tiny House Village – 20+ tiny houses open for touring 10am-6pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Speaker series – Featured speaker series will be indoors in the Epster Gymnasium.
- Tiny House Talks– (limited seating) will happen in the Ebster classrooms downstairs.
- Sponsor Alley – Hang out with the awesome folks that support the tiny house movement!
- Outdoor Stage– featuring a live DJ & Tiny House Tips
- Vendor Alley– Valuable information located in the Ebster Courtyard.
- Food Court – Featuring food trucks, concessions, and drinks!
- Bicycle parking – use out bicycle parking and be eco-friendly!